Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Caution: This Post is Unedited, Straight off the Cuff

Honey, I'm sorry. This blog will inevitably contain posts that may not portray you for the wonderful man that you are....so this is for you.
Men are infuriating, insensitive, unable to think like women and enjoy a simplicity that my brain cannot fathom. However, they are our rocks, our providers, our encouragers, our biggest fans, lovers, confidants and best friends.
In the time of my life when I am most frustrated with my partner, I have been bombarded with scary realities of other wives within my realm who are not graced with the leisure of forever criticizing their husbands.
I have seen a young family lose a father/husband. I have seen a friend lose the natural process of conceiving a child while her husband suffers the recovering effects of Leukemia. I have seen a 30 year marriage blown apart by an emotional affair, leaving devastation to a lonely wife. I've seen enough. Then today, a fellow coffee cohort relayed some potentially scary news about her hubby.
Lives and marriages are being tried, turned inside out and completely rearranged all around me and I refuse to sit back and continue to be un-thankful for the man that I have....
The man who loves me even though I'm irrational. The man who wants me even though I'm overweight. The man who works twelve hour days so that I can nurture and be available for our three boys. The man I criticize, yet finds an abundance of mercy to dispense to me. I love my husband.
To be honest, I've been a down right bitch...contentious, unreasonable and ungrateful. In the midst of our own petty discord, I CHOOSE to love and obey my God. I CHOOSE to love and reverence my husband. I CHOOSE to rearrange my thoughts as a response to all the rearranging I've witnessed. I CHOOSE to change rather than try to change him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill it!